Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Kirsten's epic No 1

'twas Wednesday and the alarm shattered my rest reminding me I had promised to accompany Kirsten on a 70 - 80km ride. Too late to regret such foolishness, I struggled into my togs and headed for Stud Rd. Stadium hoping for rain that would give me an excuse to return to bed. After all, it was only 1000hrs.

No such  fortune and away we powered towards Hughesdale. At least one of us powered away into the obligatory head wind, the other grunted, puffed, sweated and bellyached. No names  no pack drill!

Then a left turn from Hughesdale (or maybe somewhere else) into foreign territory for me. K said we were headed for St Kilda beach on North Road and coffee. Being superbly lost I had no choice but to accept this plan. A tangled  maze of trail, track, dirt and bitumen followed and I'm sure I saw signs saying Alice Springs and Bendigo.

 Coffee at St Kida, where K regressed. See photo.

Yet, we made it and the return along an empty Beach Rd to Mordialloc then Dandenong was gleefully assisted by a tail wind. Easy to sit on 34 -40kph.

74.66km later, bum in car seat, home. Tick that one off the list. Thanks Kirsten. Good ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment