Saturday, December 5, 2020

Alston Rd & other mountains.

Mike sought volunteers to accompany him on a recce for a new dirt road ride. Every one stepped back so quickly that only Jurgen and I remained out front, like shags on rock.

The first 10km was ok, hilly but ok. Then came Evans Rd. I had earlier put Evans Rd on my "Do Not Ride Again" list. And there it was, in front of me again.

What Mike failed to tell Jurgen and me was that Evans Rd was going to be a piece of p..ss compared with two other roads he had lined up. And so it was. Alston Rd defeated all three of us and we ended up walking. Mike was not in our favour at this point. The second  impossible hill was more than Jurgen and I could manage. If our rear wheels were not struggling for grip, our front wheels were not obeying commands. Mike road up it of course. More black marks for him.
After that, the hills around Sth Belgrave  Selby, Menzies Crk, pailed to insignificance. 

As usual, marvellous scenery, some enormous and beautiful properties,  sun, wind, rain, cold, coffee.... the usual riding conditions.

Well done Mike, I think!!!!!
Now for a long rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment